I don’t know about you, but I like art museums much more than my current track record suggests. There’s one quite close to me, actually, but I am ashamed about how little I go to study the artwork within. Yet, I refuse to proclaim anything less than “Oh, I LOVE going to museums!” There’s such a shortage of time, varying priorities, yadda yadda yadda.
But sometime I’ll go on a road trip to see the best museums this world has to offer! Might as well start planning/dreaming now, right? Here’s a list (summarized) of the “Top 20 Museums Every Artist Should Visit“. Oh, and I intend to see every last one of them. One day.
1. Musee du Louvre (The Louvre), Paris
2. Tate Modern, London
3. Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
4. British Museum, London
5. J. Paul Getty Center, Los Angeles
6. National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.
7. Musee d’Orsay, Paris
8. Vatican Museums, Vatican City
9. Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris
10. Prado Museum, Madrid
11. Uffizi Gallery, Florence
12. State Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg
13. Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago
14. The Museum of Egyptian Antiquities, Cairo
15. Museum Of Modern Art, Manhattan, New York
16. Tokyo National Museum, Tokyo
17. The National Gallery of London, London
18. Philadelphia Museum Of Art, Philadelphia
20. The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston